WELCOME TO AMR'S
AUTOIMMUNE & INJURY GYM
My son, Tyler, suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and 2 strokes in September of 2013. While doing some outpatient rehabbing at St. David's Hospital, we became friends with a fellow patient (AMR client) named Mike. Mike had begun working with Stephen Dansevich at a gym in Bee Caves (Stephen is now a full time employee at AMR). According to Mike, he was seeing better results than with the physical therapists and occupational therapist he had previously been working with. Therefore, when my son was discharged from the St. David's day program in June of 2017, he began working with Mr. Dansevich. The results have been amazing. At one point we weren't sure that Tyler would ever get substantial activity out of his right arm. As a result of Mr. Dansevich's hard work, my son is able to move his right arm and the range of motion continues to increase with eery visit to Austin Muscle Restoration. We attend sessions twice a week. I now feel confident that there is a good chance that my son will get full activity from his right arm at some point in the future and it's attributable to Mr. Dansevich's hard work.
AUTOIMMUNE AND INJURY GYM
PERSONAL TRAINING SERVICES
Muscle & Joint Mastery Specialist Stephen Dansevich welcomes you to our
Who do we specialize in?
Austin Muscle Restoration is proud to announce Personal Fitness Services from Mastery Specialist Stephen Dansevich. Stephen is a muscle and joint expert who custom creates 1:1 workout programs to fit clients of all ages and fitness needs. Stephen specializes in working with clients who have autoimmune conditions, chronic injuries, traumatic brain injuries, strokes, surgeries, or other conditions that make exercise a challenge. He also enjoys working with people who are intimated by exercise and commercial gyms and offers a non-judgmental and accepting safe space for anyone to start an exercise program. No matter what your current fitness level is, what your limitations are, or what your body weight is, you are welcomed here unconditionally!
* Stephen's expertise is properly dosing exercise for any fitness level.
* Stephen works with clients who have traumatic injuries and medical conditions that limit movement.
* Stephen works with people who are intimidated by exercise and commercial gyms.
Why exercise with Stephen?
Stephen is an MAT certified specialist, as well as one of only 65 Mastery certified Resistance Training Specialists (RTSm) in the world.
RTSm certified specialists are not personal trainers - they are world-renowned experts in exercise mechanics, a science not taught or applied anywhere else. RTSm specialists believe that "strategic manipulation of resistance at various points in the range of motion is paramount to altering the outcome of exercise in terms of muscular challenge, motor recruitment, joint forces, and ultimately, the exercise experience" (RTS website www.resistancetrainingspecialists.com). What this means is that Stephen's expertise is dosing exercise appropriately to meet each clients' ability and goals.
Why exercise at AMR?
AMR is a unique private fitness facility.
At AMR, we only schedule one personal fitness client at a time. This means our facility is truly private and you will never wait for equipment. All of our equipment has been hand selected by experts to provide the widest variety of resistance based challenges and we have unique equipment such as a Cybex Classic Neck Machine, the Isophit and Keiser equipment.
The Isophit: We are one of about 45 facilities in the world, and the only facility in Austin, to feature an Isophit. Isometric exercise or isometrics are a type of strength training in which the joint angle and muscle length do not change during contraction, as opposed to dynamic exercises, such as weight lifting. This stabilization of movement minimizes stress to joints, tendons, and the body’s other supporting structures. In other words, you can gain muscle strength while limiting joint stress. The Isophit allows clients to build muscle and increase endurance isometrically while minimizing joint involvement, therefore minimizing injury. The Isophit is designed to facilitate exercises using isometric contractions for virtually every joint in the body. Isometrics are a very effective way to increase muscle strength and joint range of motion. And because Isometrics are position based, they can be much more targeted than other exercise types. This means Isophit can help athletes build more muscle, or it can help people with joint issues or limited movement start improving strength and building muscle much more safely than on traditional machines.
Keiser Machines: We also have an extensive line of Keiser equipment, which you won't find at most other facilities. Keiser is unique because it uses compressed air for resistance instead of weights. Compressed air does not have inertia (momentum) which makes it a more versatile and controllable form of resistance that is less stressful on joints. The controls on each machine allow for instant and precise changes in resistance during the performance of the exercise. This means that you can change the resistance weight as needed throughout the set, allowing constant weight adjustment throughout the range of motion of an exercise, as well as for eccentric and concentric movement.
Please note that we do not provide home exercise programs. Our expertise is custom dosing exercise to fit your needs at every visit.
DO YOU WANT TO EXERCISE BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO START OR FEAR INJURY?
Build strength while minimizing stress to your joints with ISOPHIT
ARE YOU INTIMIDATED BY COMMERCIAL GYMS AND PERSONAL TRAINERS?
We custom fit exercise to all ages and fitness levels. Welcome!
DO YOU HAVE A CHRONIC INJURY OR AUTOIMMUNE CONDITION THAT MAKES EXERCISE DIFFICULT?
The Austin Autoimmune and Injury Gym
1. The information provided on this website is for educational purposes only. The statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease or medical condition. The information on this website is not a substitute for medical care.
2. Austin Muscle Restoration, LLC employees and contract workers are certified in both Muscle Activation Techniques and Resistance Training Specialists programs. They are not licensed medical care providers. Therefore our practitioners do not diagnose, treat, cure or prevent diseases and medical conditions.
3. Austin Muscle Restoration, LLC is an alternative wellness center that focuses on addressing pain and movement limitations, as well as fitness and exercise.
4. Client testimonials do not constitute a guarantee, warranty or prediction of Austin Muscle Restoration outcomes. These are simply anecdotal experience of our customers and do not substitute for scientific research outcomes.
5. The viewer of this website assumes all risks associated with using information it contains, agreeing to hold harmless Austin Muscle Restoration, LLC and its owners and contract workers from all claims, demands, causes of action, liability, loss, damage, and/or injury that may occur from use of this website.